Pages

Monday 12 December 2011

Cricket Investigation

Question: Do crickets prefer light or dark environments?                                                               Hypothesis: If I change the amount of light provided in the crickets environment then the side with the most light the crickets will like more because most crickets like light.                                                                                                                                             Background Research: Crickets are omnivores. Most crickets prefer the light, it depends on the type of cricket. Only male crickets chirp. Crickets break down plant materials and they also like sweet liquids. Some things cricket eat include bread crumbs, dead insects plants and fungi.
Our data table



In my data table I drew dots of where the cricket was every 15 seconds. I started off using a different strategy but we changed crickets so i moved on to the strategy of drawing dots. I learned that the cricket liked to be on the top of the tube more than It liked to be in the tube or on the ground. The cricket didn't really move much and. I would say the cricket did like the light more because it never stood in the tube it kept going out of the tube. My hypothesis did support the data because the cricket was in the light more than in the tube.  


Our cricket investigation picture








2 comments:

  1. I like your pictures cause it shows what pictures you like.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked how you wrote your data.

    ReplyDelete